The Revenu de Solidarité Active (RSA) or income support replaced other benefits - the Revenu Minimum d’Insertion (RMI) and the Allocation de Parent Isolé (API) in 2009. It may be paid out to people who receive low income from work.

The RSA is covered by the Department Councils and the monthly amount remains the same for people who previously received the RMI or the API. The RSA can also be paid out to new recipients, in particular people on a low wage. It provides additional income and upholds their welfare entitlement, even if they start to work and earn more (up to 1.04 times the minimum wage (SMIC) for a single person.

Finding out about the RSA

  • Log on to to find out about how it is awarded, the procedures and any other questions you might have
  • Call 3939 “Allô service public”, a general enquiries service including information on the RSA
  • Visit the Caisse d’Allocations Familiales website to see if you are eligible (potential entitlement to the RSA) and to get a personalised estimate

Where to go for information on your RSA application

  • To the council's territorial welfare action centre (secteur d’action sociale territorial) nearest to your home
  • To the CAF (Caisse d’Allocations Familiales) centre you are registered at

The RSA is a form of income but it is limited. However, it enables the recipient support with his project for social and professional integration. This project will be formalised in an integration contract or a personalised employment project document.

The aim is always to help RSA recipients find paid employment and leave the RSA system, and to help them stay in employment.